Get In touch with us
Love Photography? Want to help out during the festival? Volunteer today! Write to us on the email id below.
FOCUS Photography Festival
Free portfolio review sessions
Have a senior artist critique your work. A unique opportunity to discuss, share and gain new insights into how to develop your practice and career.
1pm – 4pm // Friday, March 10
Sessions hosted by photographer Sunil Gupta, and Steven Evans, Executive Director FotoFest International (USA).
3pm – 6pm // Saturday, March 11
Sessions hosted by photographers Raymonde April, Velibor Božović, Jinyoung Kim from Quebec, curators Maria Teresa Capacchione, Gitanjali Dang, Sarah Julie Ege Høilund and Matilde Søes.
3pm – 6pm // Saturday, March 20
Sessions hosted by hosted by photographers Chirodeep Chaudhuri, Philippe Calia, Shahid Datawalla, Jeroo Mulla and Sooni Taraporevala.
Limited spaces! Choose your time slot and RSVP here.
Venue: FOCUS Hub @ Ministry of New • Kitab Mahal, 3rd Floor, 192 D.N. Road, Azad Maidan, Fort • www.ministryofnew.in
– Each portfolio review will be conducted for 20 minutes
– Your portfolio can be in digital, print or photo book format
– Please provide captions or short descriptions for your images
– Please bring a CV or mention your previous work experience
– If you can, write a short concept note to summarise your work to yourself
– Please ensure you only choose one photographer and your preferred time from the list
Notes to remember
– A portfolio may state if the work explores a specific theme or a series of themes or ideas
– The images can be from a particular genre or several different genres, for example; street photography, portrait, conceptual, still life, fine art, and photojournalism.
– The photographer reviewing your work is experienced and has volunteered his/her valuable time to look at your work, so please make sure you bring your best work
– Ask yourself what you expect from this review
– Make a list of question to ask
– Take notes
– Try to imagine in what context your work would be best seen: as an exhibition, in book form, in the media, as a slide show…
– If you are showing digital files, organise them
– If you have prints, don’t hesitate to bring them
– Don’t argue with constructive criticism, you are just hearing an opinion – use it!